Thursday, August 7, 2008

Insomnia and other random musings

Ok, it has been hot down here, and I think I feel it more thanks to the little person I'm carrying around. After losing 100 lbs, I couldn't stay warm to save my life, and even last summer I was wearing sweaters mid-day in the summer. Not so much this summer. The mall is great to escape the heat. There is air conditioning, Starbucks, bookstores, and lots of benches. There is also ample opportunity to spend money on stuff I didn't even know I needed...lol.

I'm especially loving the middle of the night 'I HAVE TO GO --NOW' urges, that result in a 'tink-tink': nothing that indicated the previous seriousness of the 'urge'. But that must be the baby sitting/punching/kicking/whatever to the bladder, right?

That is usually when the insomnia kicks in. Tossing, trying to find a comfortable position, trying to stay cool, not wake the hubby, not arouse the cats (who now think 'Mom's awake - PLAY TIME!') -- all part of the 2:30-5:00 AM sojourn.

Good news. I have officially entered my 3rd trimester. Had a doc appointment yesterday, and everything is textbook perfect. Now, I get to go in every two weeks. I love hearing the heartbeat!

Also, I have finally connected with a M.O.P.S. group down here. It's more than MOPS, it's also a women's group for moms with kids of all ages. It took awhile to get connected, between slower summer schedules, vacations, etc. I'm meeting the leader at her church this Sunday (which looks really great, BTW) and having coffee with more ladies Monday evening from the same group/church. It will be nice to worship again!

I have to get connected or I am going to lose it! :-)

Additionally, I'm going to volunteer for some local campaigns this fall as well. It's also a good way to meet some like-minded people. I went to a campaign rally for a local congressional candidate last week and met a really nice couple who live in the next town over.

So, slowly, I'm starting to get plugged into the community.

Here are some random pictures -- nothing that really relates to the post.
Lighthouse off the Navy Pier in Chicago. Looking at this picture cools me down about 10 degrees...doesn't it look refreshing?
A-Rob getting made up as a clown for a school play. What a ham.
Sigh. Clean blanket (thanks Traci!) right out of the laundry. The tres gatos were on it ASAP. Feugo, the calico, follows me as a bring clean loads of laundry into the bedroom to fold. As soon as I dump the basket onto the bed, she tries to nest, or find a comfy spot on the pile. I fold ASAP, but on those rare occasions if I leave the room for a moment, I come back to find her perched and snug as a bug. Punk cats.

No comments: